What is Joomla?
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
What are some real world examples of what Joomla! can do?
Joomla is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. For example:
* Corporate Web sites or portals
* Corporate intranets and extranets
* Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
* E-commerce and online reservations
* Government applications
* Small business Web sites
* Non-profit and organizational Web sites
* Community-based portals
* School and church Web sites
* Personal or family homepages
Who uses Joomla?
Here are just a few examples of Web sites that use Joomla:
* MTV Networks Quizilla (Social networking) – http://www.quizilla.com
* IHOP (Restaurant chain) – http://www.ihop.com
* Harvard University (Educational) – http://gsas.harvard.edu
* Citibank (Financial institution intranet) – Not publicly accessible
* The Green Maven (Eco-resources) – http://www.greenmaven.com
* Outdoor Photographer (Magazine) – http://www.outdoorphotographer.com
* PlayShakespeare.com (Cultural) – http://www.playshakespeare.com
* Senso Interiors (Furniture design) – http://www.sensointeriors.co.za
Joomla Demo: http://demo.joomla.org/