Membership plugins often boast of their great features, better functionality, and unlimited support. Among these are the Magic Members and Wishlist Member plugins. These premium WordPress plugins are especially designed to attract users to register or subscribe to the blogs, forums, and high quality content within the membership site.
So which WordPress Membership plugin is better?
- Pricing. Wishlist Member plugin costs $197 for a single license and $297 for a multi-site license. Magic Members plugin costs $97 for a single license and $207 for an unlimited license.
- Sequential Course Delivery System. Wishlist Member plugin has a Sequential Course Delivery System, but Magic Members plugin has a seamless Drip Feed feature which is better.
- AutoResponder Integrations – While Wishlist Member is integrated with only AWeber, Magic Members is integrated with AWeber, MailChimp, iContact, Constant Contact, AutoResponse Plus and GetResponse auto responders..
- Pay Per Post.
Wishlist Member plugin does not have a pay per post option. Magic Members has a pay per post option which allows the user to pay one or several posts instead of a full membership fee. Because of that, you can still earn some money from readers who want to limit how much they spend. If they see that they have no other options other than paying for the whole deal, they will be turned off and walk away leaving you with no benefit from the situation.
- Roles & Capabilities
Magic Members with version 1.6 you have built-in Roles and Capabilities module. You won’t need to install other plugins and experience compatibility issues. You can create custom roles and attach them to any subscription pack you want. But Wishlist Member doesn’t have this feature.
- Payment Gateways. Wishlist Member plugin and Magic Members plugin both uses several payment gateways such as PayPal Standard, 1ShoppingCart and ClickBank. But if you’re using 1ShoppingCart, PayPal Pro, PayPal Standard, Paypal Express Checkout, Authorize.net, 2CheckOut, CCBill, Sage Pay, Money Bookers, Ideal, Epoch, WorldPay, AlertPay, Ogone, Zombaio, eWay, PagSeguro or Manual Pay for quick and secured transaction processing, you can count on Magic Members to be integrated with these payment gateways. On the other hand, Wishlist Member plugin does not include Authorize.net or WorldPay as options for its payment gateways. As far as we know, Magic Members will be integrated with 1Shoppingcart and InfusionSoft in the next release.
With Authorize.net and PayPal Pro direct payment gateway integrations, Magic Members plugin lets you accept credit card payments on your website.
Magic Members gives you the ability to use different payment gateways for different subscription packages. It truly is an easy and seamless way to accept payments for your membership site!
- Unlimited Coupon Creation. Magic Members plugin has a fixed price or a percent discount for current and new subscription. Wishlist Member plugin doesn’t have this feature.
Both WordPress Membership plugins have very good content management system, membership privileges, and subscription perks. However Magic Members plugins is the winner. Magic Members has a really clean design that makes setting up a membership site incredibly easy.
>>Magic Members – Click Here to Buy the Magic Members Membership Site Software